POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Making a 3D tab style dialog : Making a 3D tab style dialog Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:32:35 EDT (-0400)
  Making a 3D tab style dialog
From: Whookie
Date: 10 Feb 2006 04:45:01
Message: <web.43ec5f6475b2471ec79699df0@news.povray.org>
Hi all!
I'm completely new to rendering and am trying to make a "tab style" box for
a web design. Something like the tabs at
http://gforge.org/projects/modauthgforge/
(the curved style of the "overview", "tracker", ... tabs)

So far I have build the body with a box and cylinders at the left, right and
bottom edges. The lower left and right corners are spheres.
I've also build one side of a tab (the straight one, with a box, cylinders
at the left and top and a sphere as top/left corner)
but I'm completely lost on the gently curved slope of the tab. How can I
make the rounded 3D plate of the slope??

tia
Whookie